Brown: No Childress Signing or Palmer Departure In Cincinnati’s Future
Mike Brown put another dagger into the hearts of Bengals fans Monday when he announced via the team’s website that there is no plans in bringing in Brad Childress. He announced that there is currently no interest in bringing the coach in and changes are still possible.
He also took the time to explain that the report that his QB Carson Palmer wants out of Cincinnati is indeed true and he mentioned it personally when the two met with each other last week. Mike Brown said he attempted to defuse the situation and says Carson “made no demands. He is the way he is. He didn’t finger anyone or anything.” Brown continued saying the team isn’t looking for offers for the former number one overall draft pick. The only glimmer of hope came in the statement “We’ll reach out to him and understand the things that are in his craw. Maybe there are things we can do that will appeal to him. We’ll try to and see whether we can get it fit back together again in the future.”
“He was told that we are not in a position to trade him.” Brown knows the team is in no position to be in the market for a quarterback and he realizes his team needs to spend their picks elsewhere. The market appears to be fairly bare in free agency and the QB’s in the draft have been labeled the worst class in recent years with no stud number 1 prospect.
Per Joe Reedy of the Cincinnati Enquirer, the season ticket holders will be receiving their letters to renew their season tickets this week and they will be arriving during possibly the worst news week of the off-season that has already contained the blunders of keeping the coaching staff intact, the dreadful press conference, Carson’s trade demands, and the overall lack of responsibility by the organization. It will be interesting to see just how many ticket holders don’t instantly rip up the letters in disgust. Prepare for many blackout games next year folks and the off-season is just getting underway.